Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My life is one big awkward moment.

So this boy in a class of mine asked me on a date. Not the aforementioned fake glasses wearer, but a new boy. He has asked me to go to homecoming with him.

I went to the homecoming football game because I am trying to "get involved," as advised by Cleavland. People were so shocked that I was attending a high school social eventI was with Guy, my homecoming date, watching the game. He invited me to go with him to see some stupid scary movie, and I happily obliged  because I like to get free things. Guy left for a moment to round up the group and left me with his best friend and my long time crush, Maurice. Once Guy walked away, Maurice started hugging me and telling me how awkward I was, and then started saying things like this: "So there is this girl, and a lot of guys like her, and she is really cute... And Guy and I decided that we were going to get her to fall in love with both of us." me: "Well good luck with that!" "Yeah but the thing is, Nothing, that I don't know how to get a girl to fall in love with me..." "You just have to buy her presents." "No, see, what you have to do is make her feel like she is important and interesting and funny and beautiful, and then she will fall in love with you." "I thought you didn't know how to get a girl to fall in love with you?" "Well... that's just what I've heard." Is it just me, or was he making it sound like he was talking about me? And then Guy walks up and Maurice says, "So I told Nothing about our plan!" and Guy just goes, "ooooohhhhh." and smiles. WTF boys? I don't know what this means, but it made me feel awkward and happy and mad all at the same time.

So after the movie, Guy takes me home and is at my doorstep and he starts leaning in to kiss me. Now everybody knows that you are supposed to turn your head to the right when you are about to kiss someone? Right? That's the rule. Well Guy leaned left and the first thing that popped into my mind was that maybe he is left handed... Maybe there is a correlation between the two. So I just asked, "Are you left handed?" and he said, "What? No?" And then I just laughed and kissed him and then went into my house. Apparently you aren't supposed to ask things like that right as you're about to kiss someone. I thought it was a valid question, but I guess blurting such questions out in the moment is considered "weird." Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment